Artisan Bread

I found a video clip on line yesterday at the Chicago Tribune. I'm having trouble posting the link. For some reason it won't go through.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/features/food/
chi-artisan_bread_9jan09,0,1192637.story


But it's on making what is being called "Artisan Bread" but what I call "Baslerbrot".

The kind of bread I grew up eating. Hey mom and dad, it's "Baslerbrot"! I promise.

I made up a double batch of the dough and it is now living in my fridge. The kids are insisting that I stop buying that nasty store bought bread. And every day a hot loaf comes out of the oven.

And the lovely thing about it is: no kneading. It literally takes minutes.

I no longer want a birthday cake this week. Who needs it when there's this kind of bread to be had? Go check out the link. Seriously. I hope you can get it to work.

Comments

T. said…
I found the recipe by searching the website for "Artisan bread." I'll definately be trying this - I love the idea that the dough keeps in the fridge for up to 2 weeks!

I found your blog on Victoria's blog..I used to go to St. Herman's, and am at All Saints on the island now :-).
T. said…
Woops - I found your blog on Bev's blog!! Mixed up!