White Pumpkin Pancakes



These were delicious. Very similar to potatoes in taste, but more fragile than potato pancakes would have been, due to the higher water content of the pumpkin. Next time, I'll try to squeese some of the water out by putting the pumpkin in a colander and sticking a weighted plate on top for a little while. Many "ersatz" potato recipes that use cauliflower call for this step.

Also for next time: chopped onions...for more of a hashbrowns effect.

I ate these with ketchup for supper last night, my daughter had them with honey-mustard sauce, and my husband and another daughter ate them with maple syrup. The other kids wouldn't try them.

Very yummy, and a definite "repeater" in some form or other.

Oh, I forgot to add: this was about 1/3 of the pumpkin flesh, four eggs, processed in the food processor, cooked in an oiled pan.

And notice, please, how CLEAN my stove top is! I got the black gunk off with several of those magic eraser sponges and lots of elbow grease and some knife scraping. Just thought I'd mention it. I'd let my stove top go to pot and it was quite a job, rescuing it. I suppose this shows that my health and energy is improving.

Comments

Mimi said…
What a gorgeously clean stove, you rock!

And, I'll be right over for breakfast.
DebD said…
One of my fav. veggies for winter is Spaghetti Squash. I usually make a "quiche" out of it on fast days for me. Its usually got: eggs, sauteed onions, salt & spices and table cream. I just dump it all into a pie dish w/out the crust (of course). Sometimes I'll put some spinach in it for color. I bet the white pumpkin would make an excellent substitute. I'm going to have to go out and find me one.

I also have a tasty LC/SF custard that I make - lately i've been adding pumpkin to it for more flavor. Email me if you're interested.
Anonymous said…
Tabitha says: What I think is cool about this recipe is its flavor versatility: onions, ketchup, mustard, & syrup! Something for just about everyone.