THE. GROSSEST. THING. EVER!

So, my kitchen has been stinky. I've cleaned it thoroughly every day, like I always do, but it's just had this smell.

Today I continued sleuthing and threw out a bag of narshty rotten potatoes that I discovered on top of the fridge. That was probably overkill, getting rid of the whole bag on behalf of a few baddies, but I was grossed out and it seemed the thing. Rotten potatoes are particularly vile smelling, for some reason.

Lately I've been on a bit of a cleaning binge. I wanted clean. So I got rid of the rotten taters, scrubbed the basket, scrubbed the top of the fridge and rearranged stuff.

Now things should be nice and fresh.

Well, it was almost good.

But still there was funky around the edges.

....Later in the day.....

Time to make dinner. I'm loading the dishwasher, getting ready to peel a bunch of carrots, apples, onions, and other stuff of similar ilk to go in the baker with the chicken.

And I see this tail.

A mouse tail. So, why is it not rapidly disappearing?

Oh dear! It's a dead mouse tail that got stuck between the edge of my cabinet and the wall.

Oh even more dear! It's a HALF DECOMPOSED DEAD MOUSE TAIL WITH THE SKIN CURLING OFF OF IT! And a dead half decomposed mouse body attached, wedged in a great tightness, leaving drippy stuff on my wall behind the splash guard behind the sink.

OH! MY! GOODNESS!

Time to haul out the biohazard suit that I keep on hand for just such occasions. Eeeeeeeeew, eeeeeeeewwwww, eeeeeeeeeeew, eeeeeeeeeew, eeeeeeeewwwwwwww!

Yes I cleaned it up. And I even managed not to vomit.

That, my friends, ranks so far as the grossest thing. Ever.

Comments

Mimi said…
Ewwwwwww! I'm so sorry. Eewwwwwwwwwww.
Anonymous said…
You did better than I would have....I thought that is what husband's were for. Your tale of the lone tail makes my skin crawl(and yes, all the puns were intended)LOL!!
You did good kid!!!
Joi
Kimberly said…
Oh my. You are a hero. I have had the dead mouse thing in my washing machine and my dear father came and took care of it. I knew I would be sick. I know that dead rodent smell very well. I've had it in the wall!! I've had it in the a/c unit out the back door. It is probably the worse. worse than a skunk. You are a hero and very brave for taking care of it yourself. I can't imagine.
Anonymous said…
Alana! I was eating my lunch!!

We had a similar thing happen hear and Nathaniel had to dispose of a completely rotten corpse! YUCK!!
Alana said…
Based on the title of the blog post, I'd have to point out that you were forewarned. ;-)
Anonymous said…
Alana, you may not get back to this ocmment, but your mouse disposal details made me laugh out loud! I can remember asking you to scrape white gravy leftovers down the toilet when you were a child and you would gag every time. I am impressed that you have outgrown the tender gag reflex. :) I love you. Keep up the good work. Mom.
elizabeth said…
ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwww ... why do i love stories like that just so i can say EEWWWWWWWWWWWWW?

:)