Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Is it, or isn't it?

Inquiring minds want to know what is up with the mystery bite. Well, nothing is up. That's what is up. It is giving me absolutely no pain unless I press it with my finger, in which case it feels like a bruise. Duh. It's not getting any bigger. No signs of necrosis, etc. Nothing.

I'm not worried. Maybe it's not a bite at all, but rather the result of an unconcious moment of klutzyness. Believe me, this is entirely possible.

Not all brown recluse bites result in necrosis. If after 48-96 hours there is no change, I need not worry. Thursday will be my day of freedom, in that case. This much I have learned from doing research. So, if the brown spider I caught on my couch this morning is the culprit, and IF he is a BR spider, then his venom does not seem very potent. He's dead, by the way, but the hairy black and white spider with the blue eyes that I caught yesterday is living in my bushes out of doors.

Is it a spider bite? I"m kind of thinking NOT because in the past, when bitten by various eight legged creatures, I get massively swollen and very itchy, hot and inflamed. This is not that.

Sorry for the drama....

1 comment:

Mimi said...

I don't know, I think it still looks bitish.

Glad you are feeling better though.

I thought of you today when I noted a bruise on my leg that I don't remember getting.