Is it, or isn't it?

Inquiring minds want to know what is up with the mystery bite. Well, nothing is up. That's what is up. It is giving me absolutely no pain unless I press it with my finger, in which case it feels like a bruise. Duh. It's not getting any bigger. No signs of necrosis, etc. Nothing.

I'm not worried. Maybe it's not a bite at all, but rather the result of an unconcious moment of klutzyness. Believe me, this is entirely possible.

Not all brown recluse bites result in necrosis. If after 48-96 hours there is no change, I need not worry. Thursday will be my day of freedom, in that case. This much I have learned from doing research. So, if the brown spider I caught on my couch this morning is the culprit, and IF he is a BR spider, then his venom does not seem very potent. He's dead, by the way, but the hairy black and white spider with the blue eyes that I caught yesterday is living in my bushes out of doors.

Is it a spider bite? I"m kind of thinking NOT because in the past, when bitten by various eight legged creatures, I get massively swollen and very itchy, hot and inflamed. This is not that.

Sorry for the drama....

Comments

Mimi said…
I don't know, I think it still looks bitish.

Glad you are feeling better though.

I thought of you today when I noted a bruise on my leg that I don't remember getting.