Wednesday, July 26, 2006

My weird brain

...Today I was wondering if medicinal use of leeches to help with varicose veins might be something the medical community should investigate....

...We and some friends went to the Old Spaghetti Factory in Louisville the other night, after getting to venerate the myrrh streaming icon of St. Anna, and the meal was so bad, complete with two cockroach sightings, that the manager gave us each (each couple that is) coupons for a free dinner for four at Old Spaghetti Factory....redeemable anywhere, from what I understand. Do I HAVE to go back the the yucky one in Louisville?....

...and if you like Chicken Marsala, go to Johnny Carinos, not Old Spaghetti Factory. J.C's is better...and no roach sightings!...

...eczema, on someone's scalp. Food allergy? At one time we thought perhaps peanuts, but he hasn't been eating much of that since my peanut allergy, but HAS been eating more dairy as a result of us getting rid of the peanutbutter. And the eczema is worse. So...could be a dairy allergy? Anyone know about eczema?.....

...I'm also wondering why I can go through the day with such good intentions, and such good self discipline and then blow it at supper time....Why? Why? Why?....

...I think I'm the only person in america so thoroughly adept at spilling food things on herself that even a Tide stain stick does not help....

This is the sum of thoughts I have had today. ...It be scawy!...

11 comments:

Karen said...

Ew... seeing roaches in a restaurant is definitely not a good thing. I worked in a supermarket for many years, and hardly ever saw any bugs.

I don't know if they have Macaroni Grills in your neck of the woods, but if they do, get the chicken scalopine next time you go there. It's YUM!

Amy said...

No, I'm sorry, the title of the Spilling Stuff That Won't Come Out Queen belongs to me. You'd think I'd learn to wear an apron.

And, my MIL has eczema on her scalp. Not sure of the cause (I just don't go there, what can I say) but I do know she uses a prescription shampoo. My kids have it, and it's quite the chore to treat/prevent it. They cringe and flee in terror when they see the lotion bottle. Oh wait, that's me...

I hope your next dinner at the Factory is better than the last one...although it doesn't sound hard.

Laura said...

Milk does aggravate my sons eczema...as well as his asthma. The two often go hand in hand.

I'm not sure how to treat it on the scalp. I use over the counter hydrocortizone creams on his body. My husband has a special mousse he uses on his scalp, but that's a script through a derm.

I have plenty of food stains to show for my inability to eat like a grown up...you're not alone!

Ruth said...

I recently read an interesting article about the modern use of leeches. It was in a magazine - the New Yorker, maybe? I'll see if I can find it online...

Ruth said...

Well, here's a site where you can read more. I didn't find the article itself yet. It was very interesting reading, if somewhat disgusting.

Mimi said...

Ewwwwwwwwww. I'm grossed out.

I'm with Amy, that title also belongs to me.

the womom said...

I adore chicken marsala.

Jasmine said...

I miss the Spaghetti Factory, but I hope it improves before I ever get a chance to go there again. I would love to go back to Louisville (where I went to college 2 years) and do some sightseeing. I'm also quite good at being the messiest adult in the vicinity, without the help of my toddlers.

Jasmine said...

Oh yeah, I have scalp problems, and the doctor's advice helped me: Neutrogena T-gel shampoo, extra strength. I don't even have to use it that often to keep it under control. Hope that helps.

alana said...

I'll check out the Neutrogena T-gel shampoo. Thanks for the tip.

The Traditional Frog said...

Alana,

I'm sorry about your experience at The Old Spaghetti Factory. There is one located a few blocks from where I live in Indianapolis, IN. I have always received decent food and good service. The restaurant was always extremely clean as well. It must be the management.

Regarding your 'unusual' thoughts, don't feel bad, I have episodes of randomly occuring thoughts as well from time to time. They make my otherwise dull life interesting. How's that for self entertainment!