Blue Shirt Project Update

Well, I"m about a week or so in to the blue shirt project...it's been a good week.  I wore my blue shirts except for the days when I was sick at home and in my jammies/lounge-wear.  There is a stomach bug making its way through our family. 

But other than that, there's nothing much to say.  I mean, it's JUST CLOTHES....and I sure do like not thinking much about what I'm wearing.  I sure do like not having a yen to hunt for things at the thrift store. 

And I DID actually go to the thrift store today.  Twice.  This morning I had to go to the dentist to get a filling replaced, and they shot me up with so much novocaine that I went to the Goodwill that is next to the dentist office before driving all the way home...so that the medicine would wear off for a bit and I would not be so shaky.  I bought NOTHING. 

It was a proud moment. 

Then, this evening I took Bethany out to get some supplies at the pet store for her Angora Bunny, and afterwards we swung in to the local Goodwill so that she could see if there was a suitable fall jacket to be found.  She did find a cute pink fleece jacket, and I browsed the skirts as I always do and found nothing worth getting.  Did not even glance at the tops.  I'm so sick of it all. 

This is progress, y'all.  This is exactly the kind of personal growth I as looking for:  Less of a shopping yen, and more peacefulness. 

I don't think I'm going to go out and get rid of all my clothes when I'm done with my plain blue shirts month, but I DO think I will be more content with what I already have been blessed with. 

Feeling grateful. 

Comments