Tuesday, June 07, 2011

More Sewing

Today I sewed two dresses. I decided to challenge myself, and see if I could do two dresses, start to finish in one day. Wow! The serger really speeds things up and since I did both dresses with white thread, I was able to do some of the work "assembly line" style.

At the end of the second dress, I had to go to the store to get the right shade of green thread to do the hems on the sleeves and bottom of the skirt. I also used the green thread for the button holes. I'll have to post a picture of the green dress later, since I don't have one yet. But here is the whimsical read print dress. Again, buttons were from my grandmother's stash.



8 comments:

Matushka Anna said...

Um, I need you to come teach me how to do this. Pretty please?? (c:
Can't wait to see the other dress!

Alana said...

How are your sewing skillz? Do you know who to do anything, or are you a complete novice?

Rebecca said...

Looking good! :-) I have a dress in my mind that I want to make, but with my daughter ... well, I think it'll still be a couple of years before I can take that much time away from helping her stay out of trouble. :-P

But you inspire me!

Shelley in Idaho said...

Did you put pockets on this one?

Alana said...

No pockets. again...being plus sized, I used up all the fabric. Lack of pockets doesn't bother me. I'm a purse person and like my clothes streamlined.

Veiled Glory said...

Pattern?

Alana said...

The top is the Romantic Blouse pattern from sensibility.com, with the sleeves shortened and the bodice ending at a high waist that I measured to fit myself. Skirt of this dress is simply as much of an A-line as I could squeeze out of the sheet...not much in other words...mostly a straight skirt.

margaret said...

That dress shows you've definitely lost weight since the last time I was here :)