More Sewing

Today I sewed two dresses. I decided to challenge myself, and see if I could do two dresses, start to finish in one day. Wow! The serger really speeds things up and since I did both dresses with white thread, I was able to do some of the work "assembly line" style.

At the end of the second dress, I had to go to the store to get the right shade of green thread to do the hems on the sleeves and bottom of the skirt. I also used the green thread for the button holes. I'll have to post a picture of the green dress later, since I don't have one yet. But here is the whimsical read print dress. Again, buttons were from my grandmother's stash.



Comments

Matushka Anna said…
Um, I need you to come teach me how to do this. Pretty please?? (c:
Can't wait to see the other dress!
Alana said…
How are your sewing skillz? Do you know who to do anything, or are you a complete novice?
Rebecca said…
Looking good! :-) I have a dress in my mind that I want to make, but with my daughter ... well, I think it'll still be a couple of years before I can take that much time away from helping her stay out of trouble. :-P

But you inspire me!
Shelley in Idaho said…
Did you put pockets on this one?
Alana said…
No pockets. again...being plus sized, I used up all the fabric. Lack of pockets doesn't bother me. I'm a purse person and like my clothes streamlined.
Anna said…
Pattern?
Alana said…
The top is the Romantic Blouse pattern from sensibility.com, with the sleeves shortened and the bodice ending at a high waist that I measured to fit myself. Skirt of this dress is simply as much of an A-line as I could squeeze out of the sheet...not much in other words...mostly a straight skirt.
margaret said…
That dress shows you've definitely lost weight since the last time I was here :)