Isaiah 12

Well, first off, I was going to do a post entitled Isaiah 11, because that's gorgeous and christological and wonderful and prophetic and all that...but then, this morning in my reading I just kept right on going and came to Isaiah 12! Oh, such beauty, such hope and such joy. It's like reading a passage from the New Testament smack dab in the Old.

"And on that day, you will say, "I will bless You, O Lord. Although You were angry with me, You turned away Your anger and had mercy on me. Behold, God is my Savior and Lord. I will trust in Him and be saved by Him. I will not be afraid, for the Lord is my glory and my praise. He has become my salvation." You will draw water with gladness from the wells of salvation. In that day, you will say, "Praise the Lord; call upon His name. Declare His glorious things among the Gentiles and make mention that His name is exalted. Sing to the name of the Lord, for He has done great things. Declare this in all the earth. Exult and be glad, O inhabitants of Zion, for the Holy One of Israel is exalted in her midst." --Isaiah 12, Orthodox Study Bible


I think I need to work on memorizing this chapter.

Comments