Sugar: The Bitter Truth

Long, but worth it.

Comments

Anonymous said…
It was long, but so worth hearing...thank you for posting this!
M in IL
Unknown said…
To quote Spock, "Fascinating!" I like what he said about packaging the poison with the antidote. I want to know more about how to do this in real life. Are there any "natural" sweeteners that break down in a healthy way (stevia, agave, honey, etc.)??? I think I will recommend this video to my food scientist mom and see if she has any advice. Meanwhile, I'm glad the kids and I don't drink soda and that I only allow them about 4 ounces of juice per day! How do you suppose artificial sweeteners measure up in all this? I've never trusted them myself, but then, I also thought fructose is natural, therefore it must be better!
Alana said…
Tabitha: Agave is BAD FOR YOU. It is pure fructose. http://www.rawfreedomcommunity.info/forum/showthread.php?t=1691

I don't really trust artificial sweeteners either. Currently I'm using erythritol. I'll probably find out how bad it is eventually, too.

I think the point is: we eat too many sweets, of whatever stripe. Have some veggies instead. ;-)