Low Carb Lenten Lunch

I know I'm not the only person out here trying to cut carbs and eat lenten. So this is why I occasionlly post what I eat. Sorry if this bores you.

Cabbage-n-onion boil with salt and pepper. (I really don't think I need to explain this dish, do I?)

seitan (how do you pronounce that, like Satan?) -which is a low carb wheat gluten fake meat-like substance. Heated in skillet with a wee bit of oil.

Slice of coconut flour coffee cake. Yes, this contains eggs. Oh well. (This is to fill me up.)

Doing a low carb diet meatless and nut-free is HARD. I'm not complaining, mind you, because it's a good kind of lenten "hard". But still. If I shock anyone because I'm eating eggs and dairy...well, try doing this thing with no potatoes, rice or pasta and see what there is left to eat.

I dreamed of shrimp the other night. That's how much of it I've been eating. In my dream they were huge: Taco Sized. The very thought makes me want to gag.

Now I really must get my butt into gear and STOP blogging today and go do something like laundry. Or Sewing. Plenty of mending awaits. And the sun shines. Kids want to get outside. We shall see what the afternoon brings.

Comments

Edana said…
It's Say-tan. It's fantastic stuff.
AOP said…
Hello, my name is Kristi Gesink and I work for the Homeschooling Company Alpha Omega Publications. I noticed after reading through your blog that you are going to be using our Switched on Schoolhouse curriculum to teach your children at home. We would like to say a big thank you for mentioning our curriculum on your blog and we would appreciate it very much if you would please turn that mention into a link to our site at http://www.aophomeschooling.com that way friends and readers can simply click on the link and find out more information about your great curriculum choice!

If you have any questions please email me at tkgesink@mtcnet.net

Thanks again and have a blessed day!
Kristi Gesink
AOP
Unknown said…
I was discussing heavy-duty protein options that were strictly lenten with my husband a couple of weeks ago, and I mentioned seitan. He advised me that I should definitely avoid Satan during Lent. (Yes, of course he was joking; he knew I was talking about the gluten product.)
Anonymous said…
Hi there, I am wanting to go low carb again, and it is hard with Lent here. I would be interested in hearing about what you think of a vegetarian diet from a penitential aspect, but when a person is carb sensitive. I would like to be more penitential myself, but am not willing to gain weight.
Lenten blessings,
L in WA