Knitting and Noble Ideas

This morning I knitted an entire sock while I sat and listened to lectures at the Climacus Conference of Thoughtful Ascent. The highlight, I must say, was hearing one speaker just totally trash post-modernism in his short introductiory speech this morning. Well worth hearing. And John Granger, of course, was awesome. He talked for two whole hours. All these great erudite things will be on ancient faith radio next week. I'll have to catch the lectures I missed. My kids were getting fried and so I headed home early and missed the last bit of the conference. However, I did pick up a couple of very good books. I'll blog about them another time.

Pray for B, please. She is VERY depressed, and has been for several days.

Comments

elizabeth said…
Lord have mercy. May the Theotokos come to her and your families' aid! My small prayers.
mamajuliana said…
Prayers for your daughter...
Anna said…
Oh goody, love the post-modern-trashing! I will look for it on AFR.

Will make special mention of B tonight.
Anna said…
Just checked the conference website and saw Dr. Rosi. I squeed with delight ~ oh, please, AFR, please put up his talk!
Marsha said…
under what category on AFR will these lectures be? I am so jealous you got to go !!!! It looks awesome !

Did you get to meet Molly Sabourin?

Prayers for B..
Alana said…
I don't think Dr. Rosi actually made it. Several of the scheduled speakers didn't, as a matter of fact.

Molly was there, but I did not get to meet her personally. (Truth be told, struggling against envy...she writes so eloquently about motherhood stuff I know and live and don't write eloquently about.) There, I said it. Honest as usual.