It's Even Better with Cauliflower!!!!

Here it is: The definitive Nourishing Traditions friendly, GAPS legal, Metabolism Miracle legal, and lenten New England Clam Chowder!

1 large onion, chopped
2 stalks celery, chopped
sautee in a couple of Tablespoons of coconut oil.

When onions are clear, add:

1 T. sea salt (I don't really measure, I just dump some in, but it was at least that much and it was perfect, not too salty)
juice from 3 cans of Bumblebee clams
3 bags of frozen cauliflower
64 oz. water
pepper, parsley and italian seasoning to taste

Let boil until cauliflower is very tender, then remove from heat and blend. If it seems like the water has boiled down a bit too much, add a couple of cups back in.

Return to heat, add clams and whisk in 1/4 cup coconut flour to thicken it up a bit.

All those who deigned to eat this, which did not include his and her royal persnickitinesses, LOVED this soup.

Did I mention that I love my new immersion blender?

And did I mention that I've lost over 18 inches of fat since a month ago? (4.5 of those inches are off that roll of carbohydrate induced fat just above my waist. Yaaaaaaaay!)

Comments

Anonymous said…
Good job on the inches lost! :) I'm proud of you!
Hezra said…
woohoo for you! So proud of you!
elizabeth said…
sharing your joy!

and nice soup ! yumm!
Laura said…
Thank you for the recipe and congratulations on the inches lost!!
Anna said…
Thanks for the recipe and congrats on the loss!