Since I've blogged about it...

I went to the Endocrinologist about a month ago. I had to call them twice to get the results of the massive amount of bloodwork they did.

Everything is normal.

I'm unsatisfied, but that is the answer I always get. Yes, he tested for free T3 and T4 levels, etc. He tested my pituitary, He tested me for diabetes..etc. etc. All of it.

I guess it boils down to this: There is no blood test for Fibromyalgia, and that's what I've got. I've already been dx'd with that, so I guess this is just more of that.

And I have to take responsibility for the fact that I've gained 30 pounds in the past year. So I will.

And now I get to do something about it, like tracking my calories and exercising every day and drinking tons of water.

Yay, fun! But that's reality.

So, there it is. I think I complain too much.

Comments

Laura said…
I'm sorry the blood tests were inconclusive...that can be very discouraging in it's own way. I've been on the weight loss crazy train since August after developing plantar fasciitis in both feet and gaining 15 pounds in the course of a year. Just wanted you to know you aren't alone. I'll pray for you!
Rebecca said…
I'm sorry the tests didn't show anything too. Even though I'm hypothyroid, having it corrected isn't a cure to my weight. But finding the protocol I believe is going to change my life. My doc looked at it and said he'd support me in doing the protocol IF I also did the low carb that they recommend if one has the symptoms of hypoglycemia, and he put me on the Adkins diet. (I've never been shown to have hypoglycemia clinically, nor diabetes.) I've resisted another "diet" ... but I'm really excited about this - it is the first time on a diet (and somewhat in general lately) that I feel decent, am NOT hungry all the time, easily satisfied, AND I've lost 20 pounds in just over a month. Thanks again for the post that mentioned the protocol!
Anonymous said…
I've gained the same amount of weight in less time. Thyroid or not, it's going to take hard work and owning up. We're in this together. Jazz
:( so sorry to hear about the results
elizabeth said…
Yeah... it is frustrating when there are no conclusive results for one's condition.

I have been off line most of the week, but now I am back. I missed your blog; remember that in all this you are loved.

I know if have said it various time via comments but it seems that this is all one can hold on to in the end, we are loved by God.

*hugs*
Joannie said…
Hi. As someone who once had fibromyalgia, you are making a big mistake if you believe lab tests which say you are "normal". Patients have learned something that doctors have not: that it's "where" you fall in the range, not the fact that you do fall in it. My favorite site to understand this is www.stopthethyroidmadness.com which I discovered about 1 1/2 years ago. And this page will be of interest to you: www.stopthethyroidmadness.com/lab-values plus a lot more on that site.