Father's Day a Week Late

Last week, 75% of our kids were at camp, so we decided to do Father's Day at our house today instead. The kids did a cute skit based on the Code Monkey song, and a can of Mountain Dew (anyone who knows Wes...), and here's the dinner I made:




Fried fish, local collard greens with garlic, local blueberries, homemade ketchup, and two pies: brownie pie (sweetened with low glycemic palm sugar) and apple custard pie (sweetened with stevia/erythritol blend) and a bottle of homemade Kombucha. I ended up adding the apple custard pie when I had too much pie crust dough, it only took seven minutes to put together.

Wes was kissing the back of my neck while I was cooking that dinner, so I think he felt loved and I know he liked the food.

Thanks for being such a wonderful Father to our children, Wes!

Comments

elizabeth said…
Awww how sweet and how lovely to celebrate! Fathers are so important! :) (Mothers too of course). My love!
maria said…
How sweet!!

Now we know how you got those 4 kids. ;-)