So, I highly recommend, for all you seamstresses out there, the Romantic Blouse pattern .
The problem was, this pattern goes up to a size smaller (XL) than the size I needed (2X). The cut is generous, however, and with a few small changes, the blouse fits me perfectly.
I did not have to change any cutting lines to make it bigger. Instead, I modified the sewing a wee bit, by making smaller darts in the bodice instead of the big pleats the pattern calls for. I also added pleats at the sleeve cuff so that the sleeve would not sick out so much. And while I left all the seam allowances alone that had to do with the sleeves, collar, etc, I definitely sewed a narrower seam allowance on the side seams. This pattern allows for 5/8 inch seam allowances, and my technique is to do a 1/4 inch seam allowance and then zig zag the edges together (still wishing for that serger someday!) which results in an extremely durable garment.
Oh, and I did the buttonholes by hand. I know, my machine is supposed to do them for me, but I. just. can't. make. it. work. And besides, a wee bit of hand sewing at the end of a project is always welcome, in my opinion.