Psalm 85 (LXX)

Incline Your ear, O Lord, and hear me, For I am poor and needy.
Guard my soul, for I am holy;
O my God, save Your servant, who hopes in You.
Have mercy on me, O Lord, For all the day long I will cry to You. Gladden the soul of Your servant, O Lord, For to You, O Lord, I lift up my soul.
For you, O Lord, are kind and good, and very merciful to all who call upon You.
Give ear, O Lord, to my prayer and heed the voice of my supplication.
In the day of my affliction I cried to You, For You heard me.
There is none like You among the gods, O Lord,
And there are no works like Your works.
All the Gentiles You made shall come and worship before You, O Lord, and they shall glorify Your name.
For You are great, doing wonders; You alone are the great God.
Lead me in Your way, O Lord, and I will walk in Your truth;
Gladden my heart so as to fear Your name.
I will give thanks to You, O Lord my God, with my whole heart, and I shall glorify Your name forever; For great is Your mercy to me, and You rescued my soul from the lowest Hades.
O God, lawless men rose up agianst me,
And a gathering of strong men sought my soul;
And they did not set You before them.
But You, O Lord, are compassionate and merciful,
Longsuffering and very merciful and truthful.
Look upon me and have mercy; Give Your strength to Your servant,
And save the son of Your handmaid.
Work a sign in my midst for good, and let those who hate me see it and be disgraced;
For You, O Lord, helped me and comforted me.

Comments