1. After years of admiring them, I ordered my first pattern from Sense & Sensibility Patterns. The Romantic blouse pattern. I've been looking for a good blouse pattern for ages, and I plan on making a toile to fit my hard to fit self perfectly, taking it apart and then having a wonderful pattern for a nice flattering top on hand. Moving toward that uniform I've been wanting forever. Woo Hoo!
2. I was able to find everything Bethany needed to update her spring/summer wardrobe at the thrift store yesterday, and a big baskety purse to use as her knitting basket as well. I was fully prepared to go to a regular store, but she wanted to go to the thrift store first. All these lovely t-shirts in gorgeous sherberty colors, a twinset, a crinkle skirt and a linen jumper. She's a very conservative dresser, by choice. And that makes me glad. Woo Hoo!
3.I have a few little sewing projects on hand to keep me happy. Found some discount fabric that will make up a perfect skirt to go with B's new selection of t-shirts. Going to use this tutorial to get the dimensions and make it. Perhaps today. Woo Hoo!
4. A week or so ago, our cordless phone went through the dishwasher. An entire cycle. Of course we thought it was dead. We should name it Lazarus, because it lives again and is actually usable. It just took some time and some shaking (water would fly out when we shook it) for it to dry out. The brand is Uniden, for what it's worth. A cheapo phone. But still: Woo Hoo!
5. I discovered that BBC has a whole slew of period films and miniseries' that I did not know about. Wes and I just finished watching Wives and Daughters last night. och! So Romantic! Woo Hoo!
6. And the second half of North and South arrives from Netflix today. Can't stand the suspense. Woo Hoo!
7. I have discovered the joy and practicality of wearing a great big comfy apron in the kitchen and while I'm at home. It keeps stains off my clothes. I'm far too prone to get stains. I got my Lady's Kitchen Apron (another is on the way) from Katie's Mercantile. Woo Hoo!