A Day Book Entry

Today… April 8, 2009. Today I mailed off some snoods I'd made for a drawing on my other blog, homeschooled the kids, did a bit of sewing and gave a sewing lesson.

Outside my window… It's chilly springtime weather. High fifties. I see grass and hear neighbor children playing.

I am thinking… that I should get off the computer. Why don't I?

I am thankful for… peace and quiet.

I am wearing… pink long sleeved t-shirt, long off white skirt, black fleece jacket, danskin sneakers and a snood.

I am reading… Uncle Remus Stories out loud to the kids...among other things.

I am creating… various things on my sewing machine. Gearing up to do a snood order, I guess. I should open an etsy shop...

One of my favorite things… coffee in the morning.

For education this week… learning about slavery in the 1700's and 1800's, about insectivores and lots of creative writing.

A keeper at home skill I am using/learning… sewing.

A spiritual lesson I'm learning... trusting in God for the future.

A godly character trait I plan to work on… joyfulness.

Scripture I am memorizing… Psalm 85, but whenever I try to sit down with it, the phone rings.


For the rest of the week… Church tonight, grocery shopping tomorrow, choir practice tomorrow night, thinking about what Pascha preparations are needed, and Lazarus Saturday/Palm Sunday this weekend. And schooling for the kids this week but next week we take off. Dreading a trip to the mall to go Pascha dress shopping for me. Yipes. But I really want a pretty new dress (wherein lies the problem...all the clothes are ugly this year.)

A picture I’d like to share... Flowering trees out at Bernheim Forrest and Aroboretum. One of my new favorite places.

Comments

Pres. Kathy said…
What a beautiful pic!
Mimi said…
I agree, beautiful pic.

Yes, open an Etsy shop (just what you need, more chaos, eh?)