From the Little Mountain - Large Trailer

I finally got to see (and own) the video "From the Little Mountain" that the monks at Hermitage of the Holy Cross have published. It is a very good introduction to Orthodox monasticism, how it's done, what it's all about, etc. It takes the viewer through the year in a stunningly beautiful video. My only disappointment is that it is merely 30 minutes long. Perhpas all was said that needed to be said, and I'm simply used to films being longer.

I wonder what a non-Orthodox would think of this video, as the glimpses into the liturgical life of the Church would be a glimpse of the strange and unfamiliar.

Comments

Anna said…
Mine is coming in the mail soon! I will let you know our impressions.
Anonymous said…
I really, really want to buy and watch this film...
Jennifer said…
Wow. That's beautiful. I think I'll have to add this one to my wish list.

I can't even describe the physical feeling I had just watching that snippet, except that it was overwhelming.
elizabeth said…
beautiful. Thank God.
Jen and Eric said…
I would *love* to see this video -- especially since my brother is a Roman Catholic monk. I wonder how many similarities and differences there are in the monastic tradition?!
Jen and Eric said…
I would *love* to see this video -- especially since my brother is a Roman Catholic monk. I wonder how many similarities and differences there are in the monastic tradition?!
Marsha said…
That was beautiful. You know, what's funny though I've had this bookmarked for awhile, thinking for whatever weird reason it was the actual 30 minute video. Thank you for sharing.