Fait Accompli!



I know, I know! It's not like it was rocket science or any particular accomplishment for me to produce this dress (meaning, it's not my first dress, I'm very good at this sewing thing and so this does not represent a stretch on my behalf.)

However, I do get excited and attached to my projects and I want to share...

This one was Butterick B4443 from the Sew Easy line of patterns.



Was the pattern easy to use? I suppose. Since I lined it, I basically just used the pieces for cutting purposes, and then put it together my own way. So, it's not possible to give a good review of the pattern's ease. However, the dress looks so very much like the drawing/model photo that I am tickled pink.

Oh, and I made the skirt longer.

Comments

The dress is gorgeous !
well done :-)
Mimi said…
That is really cute! Good job! I am so jealous of this talent of yours!
Has said…
beautiful!
Anonymous said…
I love it--who is it for?
Anonymous said…
This is so pretty! I want to wear it for Pascha :)
Alana said…
My teenaged daughter who turns 14 on Saturday. Can you believe she's that old?

It's hard to find attractive and yet innocent looking clothes at the store. I think I did OK with this one. She's got a white long sleeved cardigan to wear with it.

She picked the fabric. She's a very unique kid, and extremely practical and non-clothes oriented.
T. said…
This IS rocket science in my world. I couldn't hope to start to make a dress!! Once when I was sixteen I think I made a horrid, crooked long black dress...that is the total of my expreience!
Alana said…
The path to this dress is paved with a goodly number of horrid, crooked looking sewing projects I've had to throw away over the years.

It's just like playing the piano (which I cannot do)...it comes down to practice.
::Sylvia:: said…
I love the dress and the color! BTW, I LOVE Wendy Shalit...I'll have to check for her new book (great title)! Please stop by my blog www.orthodoxmom.blogspot.com Do you mind if I add a link to your blog?