Sitting at Her Feet


"Rejoice O Virgin Theotokos, Mary full of grace. The Lord is with thee! Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, for thou hast borne the savior of our souls!"

She teaches me to be yielded to God.
She teaches me about quiet grace.
She teaches me about grief and joy, about longing and fulfillment to be found only in God.
She teaches me about purity and chastity.
She teaches me about faithfulness.
She teaches me about her Son, our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.
She teaches me about dying well.
She teaches me about living.
She teaches me in a stable in Bethlehem.
She teaches me receiving wisemen and kings.
She teaches me about motherhood, with Christ in her arms.
She teaches me with a Mother's searching heart.
She teaches me with her boldness before her Son.
She teaches me about faithfully following this God whom she bore.
She teaches me at the foot of the cross.
She teaches me with the myrrh bearing women, surprised by the empty tomb.
She teaches me watching on a hill.
She teaches me about letting go.
She teaches me about God's incomprehensibly bigger plans.
She teaches me to await and to receive the Holy Spirit.
She teaches me about prayer.
She teaches me about quietness in holiness.
She teaches me about love.
She teaches me about being all God's.

Holy Mary, mother of God, pray for me a sinner, now and at the hour of my death.
image link

Comments