Thank You

O Lord, I thank You for this cross.
For by it I am awkened
to the reality of You.

O Lord, thank you for this cross.
By it I have learned of my dependance on You
and of Your love and care for me.

O Lord, thank You for these fears,
for by them I have come to know
You: the Comforter and banisher of all fear.

O Lord, thank you for the need I'm in,
for through this I am coming to know
that You, O Lord, supply all my needs.

O Lord, thank You for this physical pain,
for it is teaching me compassion and long-suffering
and it keeps me ever mindful of your sacrifice.

O Lord, thank You for this fatigue,
for it has forced me to slow down and become
mindful of the priorities in Your Kingdom.

O Lord, thank You for this cross.
It has become the crucible where I am
being refined.

O Lord, thank You for this cross,
for it is teaching me to say
"Thy will be done!"

O Lord, thank You for this cross.
It is for my salvation!

Comments